Saturday, September 21, 2013

Catch Up Series: Words of Encoragement

Long story short:

I was feeling a little down about my injury; feeling like no one around me understood my frustration. So I decided to take a chance to ask for advice from someone who knew exactly what I was going through...I think I told y'all that I suffered from the same type of break that Ronnie Underwood (First Soloist at Ballet West) suffered from during the second season of Breaking Pointe...ANYWAYS,

I messaged RU on facebook asking him about how he handled his injury and if he had any tips for me. A few days later he responded!!!!!! He suggested watching lots of videos of ballet while recovering and doing lots of ab workouts so that I could return to ballet with an extra strong core. 

I know that he isn't a ballet superstar, but I can now say that I've kind of talked to a professional ballet dancer and that is pretty freaking awesome! He didn't have to take the time to respond to me and it really made my day that he took the time to encourage me. 

Thanks Ron ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment