Saturday, June 22, 2013

Tips and Tricks #1

Try Spin Pins
I don't know about y'all, but I always take pride in trying to have a pretty ballet bun. I especially like experimenting with different parts, braids, and accessories! I might be twenty-two, but I still love to wear a bow in my hair. However, I always struggled to  make a bun strong enough to endure any number of pirouettes in class. Even after stuffing my bun with what felt like 1/2 pound of bobby pins, my hair would still fall out in the middle of class!

Finally I decided to spend a few extra dollars on these crazy looking spiral pins and I am so glad that I did! I bought Goody brand, blonde 'Spin Pins' at Walmart for $3 or $4. Only two pins come in a pack, but after figuring out how best to use the pins, two is really enough! Granted, I still us a few regular bobby pins with the spin pins, but my bun hasn't fallen out once since I tried them! 


So this is generally how I make a quick and easy bun for class:
1. I pull my hair into a tight pony. I like to used 2 elastic bands to hold my hair up because it is pretty long and thick.
2. Twist the pony tail to the end. (not too tight though)
3. I wrap the twisted pony around the elastics to make a cinnamon bun shape.
4. Holding the cinnamon bun shape with one hand, I us the other hand to place a hair net over the bun. 
5. I pull the slack and looseness out of the net and wrap all of the extra tight around the bun. 
6. I put one spin pin at the top of the bun and one at the bottom of the bun. 
7. I use 4 or 5 regular bobby pins around the rest of my bun. 
Finally, if I am feeling particularly fancy, or frizzy, I use hair spray to clean up all the fly away hairs. 

2 comments:

  1. thanks for share this excellent post really nice
    and interesting blog .
    For more you can check my link below . . . .


    Ballet fitness | Ballet Be Fit

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really great i am so happy to see this post you have great tips in this blog .
    lots of people looking ballet tips and tricks.
    For best tips you can visit this link .


    Ballet fitness | Ballet Be Fit
    Ballet fitness classes | Getting fit using ballet

    ReplyDelete